The elections are over and we are nearing the time of socialist rule with Democrats taking power for the first time in at least 12 years.
Everyday Americans will go on with life as best we can. But here are th e top ten ways you can discern if you are talking to a liberal as you live your free life, at least for now:
1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support a woman’s right to choice.
2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are more of a threat than U.S. nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Iran or Chinese and North Korean communists.
4. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical changes in the earth’s climate and more affected by soccer moms driving SUV’s.
5. You have to believe that the same teacher who can’t teach 4th-graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
6. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
7. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.
8. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.
9. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag queens and transvestites should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
10. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn’t worked anywhere it’s been tried is because the right people haven’t been in charge.
GOD BLESS AMERICA. Oops, can’t do that either.
Hat Tip: Criag Sanders
Let’s remember who really does have America’s best interests at heart for 2008: Conservatives.